Maintaining a healthy lifestyle requires you to keep your life in balance and harmony. By boosting your overall well-being, you can live more comfortably, healthily, and extend your lifespan.
Being healthy is more than just exercising regularly and watching what you eat. It also means taking some time to unwind and rest both physically and mentally, free of your worries and responsibilities. One way to promote relaxation is by enjoying steam therapy sessions in the safety and comfort of your own home. Here are some benefits of incorporating steam rooms into your home:
Steam Room Benefits into Your Home
1. It lets you unwind. Everyone has their own way of destressing after a long, hard day. Some choose to binge-watch their favorite TV shows, while others opt for a warm, relaxing bath. If you’re looking for a new and health-promoting way to boost your wellness, consider a steam room. 1. The controlled humidity and heat of a steam room works on a deeper level than a hot bath and can help you release your built-up tension and soothe aching muscles. Also, steam therapy has been found to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol. 1. Visiting a commercial steam room can be helpful but you may not find the depth of peace and relaxation that you’re looking for due to the shared space and issues of cleanliness. To truly enjoy the quiet time that you’re seeking, consider hiring us for steam room installation. Having your own steam room at home means you can leave your distractions outside. For a more relaxing steam session, play some calming music, turn on your custom essential oils with healing scents, and illuminate your Chromatherapy lighting. Steam room and equipment installation require a knowledgeable professional that understands vapor locking the steam shower and all the nuances, codes, and requirements associated with building and equipping these rooms. Work with us to ensure that all aspects of your steam room construction meets all these requirements, works proficiently, reflects your aesthetic values, and fits your budget and preferences. In addition, you can ask for our help via our consultation services or steam room repair.
2. It may help you breathe easier. A session in your home steam room can potentially help clear your nasal passages and lungs. Steam is an effective and natural expectorant, so you can seek steam therapy to relieve your respiratory discomfort and upper respiratory issues. 2., 3. Steam works by helping open restricted airways and dislodging mucus and phlegm that may be clogging your airways and affecting your breathing. Since it promotes easier and more comfortable breathing, it may play a role in improving your overall health.
3. It uplifts your mood. Aside from alleviating your stress, enjoying steam therapy in the comfort of your home can help uplift and regulate your mood, ease your negative feelings, establish your mental balance, and promote a healthy lifestyle. It is one of the most effective ways to naturally raise your serotonin or “feel-good” hormones through the heat-sensitive neurons in your brain.
Steam Room Installations and Repair in San Diego
Maintaining a consistent healthy lifestyle can enrich your life and treating yourself to steam therapy is one of the ways you can enjoy the benefits of the wellness revolution. Start embracing wellness by considering investing in a quality steam room. It’s an excellent addition to your home, and it promotes overall wellness and helps you have a more fulfilling life.
Experience the difference of steam therapy by hiring us. We are a builder and supplier of steam rooms in San Diego. Contact us at (619) 295-2780 to schedule an appointment!
- Mooventhan A, Nivethitha L. 2014. “Scientific Evidence-Based Effects of Hydrotherapy on Various Systems of the Body.” North American Journal of Medical Sciences, May; 6(5): 199–209.
- Tyrrell D, Barrow I, Arthur J. 1989 “Local hyperthermia benefits natural and experimental common colds.” British Medical Journal. May 13;298(6683):1280-3.
- Meenu Singh, Manvi Singh. 2011. “Heated, humidified air for the common cold.” Cochrane Database Syst Rev. May 11;(5):CD001728.
- Yi-Chi Wu, Ching-Sung Chen, Yu-Jiun Chan. 2020. “The outbreak of COVID-19: An overview.” JCMA. Mar; 83(3): 217–220.
- Tristan Marvin Z. Uy, MD, Michelle Cristine B. Miranda, MD, et al. 2020. “Should steam inhalation be used in the treatment and prevention of COVID-19?” Asia Pacific Center for Evidence Based Health Care. July 11 (version 1).
NOTE ON REFERENCES
All references refer to Peer-Reviewed articles appearing in medical journals. There are many more articles on this subject offering up the same or similar results concerning health and wellbeing results. The many physical and mental benefits of steam rooms are well documented by medical science.
Also, there is some current research that suggests steam showers may be beneficial in expediting recovery (by limiting severity) from COVID-19 or relieving its symptoms. 5, 6. These articles are under review.